irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Satellite tv

I went out a few months ago and bought a satellite dish and
receiver. As I live in a one room flat and my landlord wont let
me put holes in the wall I could not get cable so I decided to
try the free to air satellite option. As well as not allowing me to
put any holes in the wall inside my room he also said that I
could not make any in the outside wall either so I read up about
this stuff on the web and came across some guy in Scotland
who had one inside his house and said it worked for him. So
anyway I bought the gear and sat the dish in a chair beside
my window and 'hey presto' it worked so now I have maby six
or seven BBC and ITV channels and several hundred shopping
stations and god channels to choose from.
There are days when I spend hours glued to the tv wondering
to myself what sort of morons watch these programmes. All
those advertising channels and all of them selling stuff that
no one would dream of buying if they saw the saw it in a shop.
And as for the god stations,they are just downright scary. Both
the point of view they are expressing and also the people who
presumable belive all this crap. And there are of course a few
girlie ones as well which are devoted to trying to get men to
phone in at a premium rate just to listen to some sexy talk.
The women are not paticularly attractive and some are
downright awful to look at. So when I'm bored and with
nothing to do, which is often I can now melt my brain in front
of the tv set.
When I want a change I can play my x box or ps2 but to be
honest I am getting bored with them. My latest x box purchase
is "Wings of War" which is I suppose all right but I have
hardly played it. For a guy who is poor you might wonder
how I can afford to have all this stuff but I don't buy much
food and only have lunch twice or three times a week and
never, and I do mean never go out in the evening so I live
quite cheaply. And half the stuff I buy is comfort buying and
it doesn't give me any real pleasure.
But now, as the good book would have it, I'm saved. I've found
a righteous path and seen the light and have joined the ranks
of the anointed and joined the church of blogging.
I wonder how long it will last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I came across your blog http://irishartnow.blogspot.com/and think it looks great. I thought it would be good for both of us to do a content link exchange. If you are interested please mail me at davidwilsen@gmail.com.
Thanks,
David

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home