irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rain

I have been watching a man on tv. Just a fellow in a suit
and tie , nothing to mark him out from the rest of us. He's
been telling his viewers that they can have a 24hour miracle
all of their own if they send him money. Anything from £20
per month to £400.
Behind him are a row , or rather two rows of young men
and women with head sets who are typing away on laptops.
They look busy. I get the impression that they are actually
talking to callers , taking the details and all that.
Your 24 hour miracle can be anything you want be it to be.
If your in bad health then not to worry , just send the money
and you'll be fine. And if it's money you need ....well you
will have as much as you ask for within those 24 hours.

Praise be to the Lord.

It's raining here in Dublin. It's a grey boring sort of night and
that's why I'm watching the tv. I wanted to write something
for my blog but couldn't think of a thing to say so I just sat in
front of the television feeling bored. I got another LP record in the
post today that I bought on Ebay , Miles Davis "Birth of the Cool"
but didn't have the energy to play it yet. It's a first pressing. I'll
play it in the morning and then pop it into my collection and most
likely never take it out again.
But as I was saying...I've been watching the tv. On the news , the
British news , there was a bit about a man who had served in World
War One. He's 110 years of age and in pretty good shape and was
attending some commeration or other. He was in the air force in WWI
and used to man the gun post at the rear of a 'plane. He was a gunner.
He didn't have a fixed weapon in the turret (is that the word ) but
used to bring two rifles on board with him.
.........'Can you imagine it.... I don't know anything about the 'planes
of WWI but I think they were made of wood and in danger of falling
apart if you as much as coughed.

It's still raining.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home