irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Sunday, April 16, 2006

St. Stephens Green.















It's almost summer in Dublin.
St. Stephens Green. April 2006.
And as I upload this photo I am watching
Elvis Presley on stage in Las Vegas. Charlie
Hodges is handing him a bright blue scarf.
They are both young and look across the
stage at each other almost as if they were
lovers. Two young men in their prime
before things started to go wrong.
And all this is in the past like a house
that has been demolished and leveled
leaving just a memory of dead people
and dead lives.
"We'll never see their likes again" and
if someone should ask me what it was like
to live in those times I'll say that "giants
walked the land in those days".
And from time to time I'll go for a walk
and look at the flowers in Stephens Green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home