irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cigarettes and Valium

About two years ago I gave up valium. I had been taking it for
just about 25 years.......it's easy with valium to find yourself drifting on for
years talking the stuff but eventually I decided that I was going to give it
up and strangely enough it was actually quite easy to come off. I came off
very slowly , I think I gave myself 6 months and by the end of that time
I was free from any addiction to it.
And two weeks ago I gave up smoking. I had tried before to give up
cigarettes but never lasted for more than a day. I used a Nicorette inhaler
at first and that did help a bit. It's a bit late in life for me to be giving
up bad habits but the valium was turning me into a vegetable and
the smokes were giving me some dreadfull hacking coughs.
I have not saved any money as my appetite has improved and I'm
eating a lot of Orchard Jellies.....
And the damage to my lungs will not undo itself.

.......'Still , it gives me something to talk about
in my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home