irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Saturday Club



I did some comfort shopping today. I do this maby three
or four times a week. It's one of those catch 22 situations ,
I comfort buy to make myself feel better but of course
I end up just depressed. It's usually records that I get
which very often don't even get played.........
But I have to do something.....I don't have any friends..
those I had are all dead and I just wake up every day and
go for a walk , usually for about three hours. The rest of
my time is spent in front of the computer.
Today I went to Temple Bar and saw that Borderline was
having a sale so I ended up with a couple of Dylan LP's which
I already had and an album from 1964 called "The Saturday
Club". The Saturday Club was a BBC 'pop' programme something
like 'top of the pops' Most of the artists on the record are long
since forgotten. 'People like..Dave Berry, Jet Harris and The
Tornados ...as I say , just about all of them forgotten.. apart from
the Rolling Stones who have two tracks (poison ivy and fortunes teller).
It's an interesting record to listen to. Most of the music has a '50's
flavour to it and if your one of those who would like to know what
John Lennon meant when he said that there was nothing before
Elvis then this will give you an idea.
I have bought seven records this week. I keep telling myself
that I must not get anymore but you know how it is...........


And in a short while I will be watching "X Factor".....

Oh Lord....
Oh Lord...

2 Comments:

Blogger lilfeathers2000 said...

Oh is it really that bad? Your life I mean. You are a live. You seem to be healthy. Why don't you find a part time job at a pub or get some new hobbies. If you get really bored read my jokes. I have several blogs. http://thisthatandfroghair2.blogspot.com/
This That And Frog Hair2. Skip the rants just read the funnies.
Celebrate life Man

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep blogging - you are excellent at it!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home