irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The homeless guy

I have been sitting in front of my computer most of the
day going through blogs most of which don't appeal to me.
Some do of course ,just the occasional one here and there.
'Seems there are a lot of folks in the USA who are not too
happy with illegal immigrants right now. Some of the sites,
the right wing ones are I think a little scary....some present
themselves as wives or family members of service men but
they seem just a bit too professional for that. I get the
distinct impression that there is some bigger agenda in the
background with many of these 'patriotic' blogs....I doubt if
they are anyone's friend least of all the service mens.

But like I said I've been surfing now for hours and my
eyes are quite tired and I had decided to give it a rest for
tonight but before switching off I thought I would look in
and see how the homeless guy was doing as I like to
check out his posts once or twice a week.
When I got to his site there was nothing there....well there
was one post ...something , a book about Jesus or
rather a book about people who quote Jesus or something
like that but that was all. No other entries. For some reason
or other my first thought was "I hope there is nothing wrong".
Why I should think that I really don't know. Maybe all his
posts were there as usual and they just didn't show in my
browser. But I DID feel a bit uneasy...I mean his blog was
just about almost blank. So whatever the reason is I do hope
that all is well with him. But it got me to thinking.
It's strange how we grow attached to people that we have
never met and really don't know from Adam. And even
more so on the web...I mean its so , I don't know what the
word is I'm looking for...I was on the verge of saying
superficial' but that is not the right word but whatever
the word is ...it's fast ... I mean we go click click click
and visit maybe a couple of hundred people a day.
And we more often than not judge them to a greater or
lesser degree and in our own minds see what we perceive
to be their flaws and then we click yet again and go on to
pass judgment on the next blog....
The Homelessl Guy lives in Las Vegas and his life even
sounds quite romantic , like something out of a road movie
but I suppose that when things go wrong with life its
all the same where you live.....'Still , Las Vegas?. It puts
a certain image in your mind.
Well , it's 10:30 pm here in Dublin and my eyes just wont
stay open much longer so I had better get off line.
I hope you are all well , whoever you are and wherever
you are. And if you see the homeless guy tell him I said hello.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Kevin might be reading some deep & interesting book. He reads widely & is an astute observer of the culture that is America. Las Vegas - he says is overflowing with homeless people which is a sobering thought when one looks at what could happen very quickly here in Celtic Tiger Ireland.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Hope he is ok. Many regular readers anxiously await Kevin's next blog entry.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home