irish art now
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Let my people speak

According to the blog directory Topsites I have had
about 13,500 unique hits to this blog in about six weeks. I
am with I think four other directories so it is a reasonable
guess to say I have had 15,000 hits on my blog. The counter I
have is 'fixed' so that does not count. But no matter how you
look at it it would seem that quite a few folks out there are
reading this and if you add on repeats I have had over 50,00.
But for some reason or other no one speaks to me. I get no
comments....the ones that I have had come from a friend so
they don't count either.
I have asked on a few occasions if there is anyone out there
as I would love to hear form them them....but all I get is silence.
"what ever you say say nothing"
"silence is golden"
"less said sooner mended"

In the mean time I have not been doing anything. Or rather
I have been stuck in front of my computer reading blogs. It's
addictive. And all those 'God bless America' ones.....why do
American belive all the rubbish about the flag. I think they
must be the only nation on earth who keep insisting that they
are proud to be American.
Now if you ARE an American don't get the wrong idea. I'm
not having a 'go' at you , it's just that for the life of me I really
do not understand. For instance , I have never met an irish
person who said they were proud to be irish...there are of
course a few Sinn Fein morons who express sentiments like
that but by and large if the man in the street was to say things
like that here people would wonder what was wrong with him.
And I'm not proud to be irish , why should I be....that's like
saying that I'm proud to be human. And then there is the flag.
Personally I could not care less if they dragged it in the street.
I mean it's a piece of cloth that's all. And then there is the president.
We have a president here but no one thinks she is in any way
special , she's just a woman doing a job.
I can only speak as I find but no one in ireland would dream
of flying the flag from their house. And while ireland is a catholic
country no one would suggest that it had God on it's side.
And then there is communism......it's would appear the everyone
in the states has a compulsion to keep telling their neighbor's
that they are not communists but the thing that to my way of
thinking takes the biscuit is the position they all seem to have
on the subject of welfare. Welfare seems to be a dirty word
in America. Now the arms manufacturers get and ask for huge
sums of money from the state but if the unemployed ask then
they are regarded as unpatriotic or something like that. And
now you have the mad , really mad situation in the states where
these arms manufacturers are in charge of welfare.

And so , a word of wisdom to all you USA citizens. The money
the government has is YOURS.....it's Y-O-U-R money and if you
need money for medical bills or because you find yourself in
difficulty then just put your hand out and demand it as it is
Y-O-U-R MONEY
And the next time someone asks you to send your son or daughter
to the other end of the word just tell them to go themselves. I'm
not making a political point here in relation to the current war but
just making the general point that if ANY irish politician insisted
that my son went to some war zone I would .......well , let's just
say that I would not be too happy. Apart from that if anyone
asked my kid's to go and fight a war they just tell them to go
to hell as they were brought up not to be stupid.

Americans seem to be confused as to what patriotism actually is.
Let me put it this way. If you don't look after the less fortunate then
what exactly is the state for. And why feel any allegiance to the same
state if you are then told that because you want to help the less
fortunate you are a communist.
Americans , in my experience , belive it all. They actually
belive there is a communist menace and have done so for years.
They , it seems belive everything they are told. I guess that that
sums it all up.....they belive. There is no actuall reason why they
should but they just insist on believing. The rich in America make
an obscene amount of money out of the wars that it is involved in
and they are never shy about claiming it and wanting more and
yet people allow their kids to go out and die while these same
good people are raking in the money.
Another bit of advise for any Americans reading this. Next time
someone asks your kids to go to war tell your kids to just say no....let
the people who have the massive arms contracts go. And if they
tell you that Liberty must be defended then just say "if you feel
that way then go and defend it ".
The world will still keep spinning on its axis...the sun will rise
in the morning ....the universe will not implode.

Next time the man comes looking for heroes just tell him.
"Sorry , there are no fools living here".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home